Friday, May 16, 2008

Rachel Ray Show

The American Idol sensation tells Rachael about his recent turn as Sir Robin in Broadway's Monty Python's Spamalot. "It's one of those shows that's different every night," he says. "The actors and the people in the show were so great. They'd change it up and they'd change things up on me. I finished two weeks ago, and I'd just gotten to the point I was finally getting used to it and finally comfortable and then they told me to leave. I was just finally figuring out my part!"

Clay is eager to talk about another role he's been playing -- an ambassador for UNICEF. "I was a teacher before I was on Idol," he explains, "and UNICEF needed someone to talk about education." Clay says it's been an amazing opportunity to work on programs in Uganda and Afghanistan, and hopes that more people will get involved with the organization. "They know the name," he says, "but they don't know exactly how much it does. It works in 156 countries and they've saved more children's lives in the world than any other organization."



WEB EXCLUSIVE FROM RACHEL RAY WEBSITE



No comments: